How To Advertise On Facebook
Facebook is one of the most significant platforms to advertise your services and products and draw more visibility and earn more customers. But this is not a matter of joke. You need to follow some specific steps to curate an advertisement and consequently publish these on Facebook.
In this article, we will offer an extensive guideline on advertising on Facebook. So without further ado, let’s proceed.
Step 1 – Select a Primary Objective
After you log into your Facebook ads manager, you need to select the campaigns tab. Then hit the click button and you will get started with an all new Facebook ad campaign.
In this section you can find 11 distinct objectives that will allow you to accomplish your ad. Let’s check these out.
- Brand Awareness – Introduce your brand to your target audience.
- Reach – Expand the scope of your ad to include more people in your audience list.
- Traffic – Here you can drive quality traffic to your mobile app, web page, or YouTube channel.
- Engagement – Reach a wide range of followers to enhance the number of post engagements such as increase attendees in your event, boost page likes, or encourage people to opt for a special deal.
- App Installs – Make people to check out and subsequently install your app.
- Video views – Convince more people to watch out your videos
- Lead generation – Avail new prospects into the sales funnel
- Message – Encourage people to chat with your platform using Facebook messenger
- Conversion – Encourage people to make a specific action on your site such as hit the like button or subscribing to your channel or buy a particular product using your app or through Facebook ad.
- Catalog sales – Here you can connect the Facebook ads to the product catalogue to show some catchy ads to your target audience so as to increase sales.
- Store traffic – Now drive more customers to your real time brick and mortar stores.
Choose the campaign objective based on your specific goal for any ad.
Step 2 – Give a Title to the Campaign
Naming your Facebook ad campaign is crucial and you may opt to set an A/B split test to choose a name.
Step 3 – Set Up an Ad Account
If you haven’t already set up your account, it’s time to do that. On clicking the set up ad account, you will have to enter some details for creating the account. For instance, you have to put your country, time zone, preferable currency, and then hit the continue button.
Remember that you need to stay alert while choosing the option because if you want to change these options later, you will need to create a distinct ad account.
Step 4 – Target the Audience
You will find an option to include a custom audience of people who have earlier interacted with you for a business purpose, either on or off Facebook. Other than this, you can target your audience based on language, age, gender, and location. After making the selections, the account manager will show you some audience base and whom your potential ad can reach.
Based on this you can also get an insight into the estimated number of page likes. However remember that these are only the estimates and not guarantees.
Effective targeting is the key to maximize your return on investment or ROI. So, here are two fields through which you can select your audience:
- Detailed targeting – Here you can include or exclude the audience based on earlier user behavior, demographics, and interest. You can get as specific as you want. For example, you may include people who prefer dieting tips and weight lose exercise but exclude those who are interested in keto diet or gym exercise.
- Connection – Depending on your choice, you can either include or exclude people who already have connection to your event management, Facebook page or mobile app. For instance, if your campaign is driven to obtain a new user base, there’s no point including those who already are your page followers. Again, if you want to make a loyalty reward program for your followers, you may not want others who have not yet liked your page to participate in this.
Step 5 – Select Ad Platform
You can customize your ad placements based on the following divisions:
- Device type – desktop, mobile
- Operating system – Windows, iOS, Android
- Platform – Facebook, Instagram, messenger, audience network
- Place – stories, videos streaming, feeds, messages, apps and sites, in articles.
You can choose any of these or opt for both/all depending on your campaign budget. Remember, a Facebook ad campaign is a Pay per Click program. So you need to pay Facebook certain bucks every time your ad is clicked.
So, as you can see, running advertisements in Facebook needs some deeper knowledge, planning, and executing the plan properly.